Friday, July 3, 2015

Five for Friday: July 3rd

Here we are at Friday again! This summer is flying by! YIKES! However, I am enjoying every bit of it. I love this weekly linky because I get to stop and reflect on my week! Sometimes it just flies by and I don't take time to think about ALL I have done in just one week. Especially in the summer because...what day is it again? Haha! Anyways, here we go...

I GOT A FITBIT! I had one a while back but it got put in the washer one too many times. This one is the Charge HR and it is AWESOME. On top of tracking my steps, it also tracks my heart rate. I love this because it makes the calorie burn and workout summary more accurate. I have kind of become a little obessed with it this week but that can't be a bad thing, right?

I totally redid one of my very first products this week. The product was the "This is Me this Month" journal. I love doing this with my class. The kids do a page at the beginning of each month. I save them in a folder and put them together in a booklet for the kids at the end of the year. It is so cute so see how their drawings changed and how their responses changed throughout the year! I love this even more now that it is a bit spruced up!



Grab this product here!



I also finished my TpT Seller Challenge #3 this week! I have been meaning to make a vocabulary packet and this challenge gave me the motivation to finish it! This packet includes 4 games, 4 response pages, and a home-school connection! I know this packet will give me the perfect combination of activities to do with my kids this year and will help them develop a deeper connection to their words. Hooray! 


 Visit my previous post for a FREEBIE from this packet and to see more! Or just purchase it here!

I am having a SALE! This is my first sale and I am so excited to have it over the 4th of the July holiday! Enjoy friends!
Also, if you would like to help a new girl out...I would love some more followers! 


Lastly, I feel compelled to share to this lady with you! I watched her show on Bravo "Jersey Belle" a little bit and thought she was funny. Then I found her facebook page and started watching her morning "cawfeetawks." Y'all (there is the TN in me)...she is seriously great! She is so realistic, funny, and wise! She does a talk everyday and it ranges from anything to marriage, kids, family, friends, or a little pop culture. Today her talk was about learning from failure and always going for what you believe in. I related that to starting on this blogging and TpT journey! If you want a daily dose of awesome, check her out. Oh...and she blocks anyone that isn't supportive or positive! I think it is the only place on the internet (besides teacher blogs) where everyone is 100% positive! 

Cheers! Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    Your blog is so stinkin' cute! I hope you have a great weekend!
    Andrea
    Right Down the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love monthly journals! And I followed you on TpT. :)
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopping over to TPT now to follow you! I have been thinking of a Fitbit! My birthday is next week, so it might be the perfect present! I was reading your profile tab on your blog - I am leaving the inner city, teaching 3rd graders, to a school and district *much* closer to home. :( I'm now going to teach 8th grade - which is exciting! - but my heart is broken to leave the students I was blessed to teach the last two years! I agree - God is good and He is moving me and putting me where He wants me. All in His time. :)

    Jenn
    Take Me To Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found my fit bit after it being "lost" for about a year! I'm excited to have it back!! I love your products you posted!! I am going to head over to TpT to follow you!! I love the cawfeetawk idea!! How fun!! I love it when people are real like that!!
    http://teachingwithninjanuity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having a fit bit. I'm on my second one after my hubby wanted to use it and accidently washed it. I try not to login to fit bit for a whole week and then I love to see all the steps suddenly appear. :)

    I will definitely follow you on TpT last name twin! :) Maybe you could follow me as well?!?! :) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-In-Bows-Pearls-And-Glitter

    Karyn
    Teaching in Bows, Pearls, and Glitter - http://bowspearlsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy!! Your activities look great! I've been thinking about getting a Fitbit and was wondering about the Charge HR, so I'm really glad you shared that with us, thank you!!
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  7. What day is it, you ask? My 6-year-old just asked me if it was Friday. I love summer! I'm glad I discovered your blog. I'll be heading over to follow you on TPT. I also plan to take a look at your vocabulary packet! It looks great, and I want to improve my vocabulary instruction this year.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete